Thursday, June 24, 2010

Whew! Was it hot!

Today was a scorcher with highs reaching the low 100s. There was a a heat advisory issued for the past week, because of the heat wave. I just really hope everyone is taking these advisories seriously. Drink plenty of fluids and try to stay as cool as possible. If you have to work outside, use extra precautions. Don't forget your sunblock while you're out there.

While trying to beat the heat, I took care a couple of errands. We always try to plan our errands geographically. I write out an itinerary before leaving the house and my husband usually is the chaufer. He is very tough. He has to work the grave yard shift and still comes home to help out with the children, and the house. This weekend for Shabbat, he will be making corned beef, cabbage and rice. MMMM, I can bearly wait. He cooks in the crockpot, so it lasts a couple of days. Last weekend, he cooked a ziti dish in the crockpot which was totally to die-for.  Really great, since we both work and bearly have time to cook. This saves money and time.

Today, I planned the children's school lessons and we really had a great Bible lesson today. We studied about Israel and Judah, the divided kingdom and how G-d is restoring the land of Israel and bringing forth His promises in these last days. I have to tell you, I am more exciting about studying these books than I was as a child. I absolutely love it, because now, it makes more sense to me, than before. Before, it just seems that I was just reading and for nothing. But to know that these events of the Bible are taking place in our day, really makes a difference. It's literally exciting and awesome.

I have to search for a science curriculum that is appealing to my children. Again, if it is non-pertinent to their lives, they don't want to learn it. I feel the same way, most of the time. So, I guess that rubbed off on them.

Well, I'm going to make it brief, and am calling it a night. Thanks for blogging with me. Feel free to post your comments. Stop by again real soon, OK....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments.