Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Today was a good day!




I can honestly say that today was  a good day. I woke up this morning with a sure purpose and didn't relent. It helped that I logged off of my Facebook page at a reasonable time; 12:30 AM... Yes, that's reasonable for me.





Don't want to look like this!
I was able to sleep through the night, which is usually not the norm. So, yes it was a good day. Sleep, as you know by now, is a commodity that can't be continuously sacrificed without sure consequences; consequences which will sooner or later command repayment, one way or another. Whether it be unproductivity, less energy, headaches, state of confusion, frustration or mood changes/irritability, it will take it's course.

I feel really good about the sleep thing; getting enough of. Just hope I can make it a habit. I was able to do some "summer" cleaning. I organized the shed, the downstairs linen closet and the living room. I found some items I had been looking for and I even found some items to stock my retail/outlet store with. My hubby and I took the items over to the store, ran a few errands; got gas for the car and gas for our bodies; (food shopping at Walmart).
We had pizza and watermelon for lunch; interesting combination, huh? It wasn't bad. Just didn't like the "new" recipe my hubby tried; beef sausage pizza. He tried some homemade pizza thing and my taste buds were saying, uh uh, not today. I tried to let him down easily. I tried not to offend him, while staying assertive. I absolutely hated his new recipe. So I decided to let him know without hurting my taste buds and hurting his feelings. I told him, "Hey, it's really nice to try new things, but sometimes they just are not appealing. What one person likes, another may not. I really appreciate you making lunch, but I would rather just stick with my regular cheese pizza".
This way I stand my ground without letting him down. It's very important that we stand firm in our beliefs and it's OK to not back down. But just use tact, so that you do not hurt anyone's feelings, and so that you will not be miserable.
I was able to also update my store policies. I'm working on a store manual. Even though I don't have employees yet, this is the perfect time to begin writing store policies. I do have help from family and to me they need to learn just as much about my business, especially if they are going to get involved.
At the end of the day, I was able to review children's homework and get laundry and dishes done.

Juggling between work and home life can keep you in a state of confusion. That's why I get my planner and calendar and keep it in tact. I also have to find some me time, during the day. Most of the times my days look like this:



But today I felt like this


Well, I'm getting ready for a new day. Will try the "sleep early thing" again. I'll be sure to keep you posted. Hope you get enough zzzs tonight. Tune in for more Days in the Life of a Mom-prenuer.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments.