Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Handling Problems

Problems are inevitable, and they seem to come when you are least expecting them. Today, I checked my bank account, and to my surprise, (which I really should not have been), I found a pending charge from an online website design company, that was not supposed to be pending. Why? Because, I cancelled the webhosting a month ago. They even gave me a cancellation number and instantly deleted my account. Well, I guess they forgot to delete my bank account information.

This is why I hate signing up for programs that require your billing information up-front. If you can help it, try never to give them your information up-front. I know this may be hard, because nowadays, it's a requirement. So that's why I say try.

If you must use services that require up-front credit or banking information, make sure you keep accurate records of cancellation numbers, customer service contact numbers/addresses/email, billing information; (credit card or bank account used) and the name of the representative who assisted. Each time you call to fix a problem, take note of the information that they give you; jot down important notes, like other contact persons/numbers, reference numbers and any other instructions. Jot down the date of cancellation and file the information as pending..(until the problem has been resolved).

Be sure to check your bank/credit card account for any billing discrepencies. Should you find that you were unrightfully charged, gather all the pertinent information, and give them a call quickly. It does take time to fix some problems. We seem to get into them quickly, but fixing them is another story. So, be patient, be polite, but be timely, when dealing with situations like this.

I would hope you would never have to experience this, but if you have, then you know all too well, where I am coming from. You can relate. If you haven't experienced this, then great! Just be prepared. There's always a chance.

Well, that's it for now.  Thanks for visiting and stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments.